Revolution Health & Wellness Clinic
2865 East Skelly Drive, Suite 300
Tulsa, OK 74105
I believe that optimal health is best accomplished with the aid of a good patient-physician relationship.
I understand that not every patient is going to 'get along with' every physician. Not every physician is going to fit well with every patient. I know that there are some patients that will not like me. That is okay.
If you are simply looking for medication to treat your medical conditions, as is common with most physicians, then we may not be a good fit. If you are looking to improve your health in general and use medications when appropriate then I would love to help you on your journey!
I am actively looking for responsible, dedicated, motivated, and courteous patients who are seeking to optimize their health.
My approach is holistic. Everything in the body works in conjunction with everything else. Nothing works in isolation. The best medicine is to approach every problem from EVERY POSSIBLE ANGLE.
There are 3 primary tenets of health, what I call the 'Healthy Trinity', and they are the platform from which all prevention and medical treatment therapies are launched!
- Proper Nutrition
- Proper Exercise
- The 3 R's: Rest, Recovery from exercise, and Reduce Stress
Medicine may be indicated but they should only be used as part of a comprehensive & holistic approach addressing the 3 tenets of health.
I do not recommend medication as the sole therapy for any medical problem!
As one of my patients you need to understand the importance of a few things:
- Weight - I am committed to optimal health. Part of optimizing your physical health is ensuring that you have an ideal Body Mass Index (BMI) or weight. I will not 'yell' at you or make you feel bad about yourself. However, we will likely address your BMI on every visit. It is THAT important.
- Smoking Cessation - smoking cigarettes, pipes, or cigars is, quite simply, the single worst thing anyone can do to themselves or those around them. Smoking is a major contributor to numerous health problems and stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health. I understand that cigarettes can be one of the most difficult things to stop and I will help you in any way that I can.
- Nutrition - I believe that proper nutrition is essential for optimal health. Proper nutrition can dramatically improve your health and I will do what I can to help you with your nutrition.
- Exercise - Probably the single most important thing you can do to improve your health is exercise on a frequent basis. Everyone should be performing some form of exercise most days of the week. Your exercise needs to be diverse and provide resistance training AND cardiovascular exercise.
- Pain Management - If you have acute or chronic pain then we will address the cause and formulate a treatment plan. However, it is rare that I cannot identify a treatable cause for the pain. Thus, it is also rare that I will prescribe controlled substances on a chronic basis. If you are looking for narcotics or other controlled substances then I may not be the physician for you. I rarely prescribe them and almost never prescribe them to a patient that I don't know well. If narcotics are part of your treatment then we will have strict narcotics policies for re-assessing your pain and prescribing your medications. If you have ongoing pain then we need to discuss the benefits of prolotherapy.
- Medication Refills and Renewals - I have a responsibility to provide the best medical care I can. You have responsibility to give me the information I need to provide that care. If you need a refill then you will need to plan enough in advance to give us time to take care of it.
- Time is extremely valuable! I will do the best I can to be on time. However, I have to balance being on time with appropriately dealing with the medical issues of all of my patients. When you are in my office you will have my undivided attention. Sometimes I will spend more time with you than I have. That will put me a few minutes behind with the next patient. I do the best I can to balance all of this and will try to be respectful of your time. If we can't address all of your issues then I'll bring you back as soon as possible to make sure that you get your issues resolved.
- I believe God is the creator of the universe and his son, Jesus Christ, is my personal savior. I pray for my patients but it is my hope that I never make you feel uncomfortable. I believe that Jesus died for everyone of every religion. It is my prayer that all come to know him.
- I believe that God called me into this profession to help others. I will do the best I can to help you.